Jumat, 24 Maret 2017

Affirmative & Negative

Affirmative Agreement (so, too, and Also)
               Actually said so, too, and Also have the same meaning that too, too, too. But there are differences in their use, so use before tobe (s) and auxilliaries (helpers).
Example:
1. My wife will talk to him and so will I
2. My wife has talked about it, and so have I
3. My wife talked about it, and so did I
4. My wife is talking about it, and so am I
Also while too and used after tobe (s) and auxilliaries.
Example:
1. My wife will talk to him and I will too
2. My wife has talked about it, and I have too
3. My wife talked about it, and I did Also
4. My wife is talking about it, and I am also
 
 
Negative Agreement (Neither and either)
Similar to the above explanation of affirmative agreement, Neither and either have the same meaning, namely: not both, or both do not.
Neither used to before the auxiliary verb, for example:
1. My roommate will not go, and Neither will I
2. My roommate has not gone, and Neither have I
3. My roommate does not go, and Neither do I
4. My roommate is not going, and Neither am I
And to either be used as auxiliary verb and the word "not", for example:
1. My roommate will not go, and I will not (will not) either
2. My roommate has not gone, and I have not either
3. My roommate does not go, and I do not either
4. My roommate is not going, and I am not either
Another thing to note is to use tobe and auxilliaries after the word "..and .." must comply with and auxilliaries tobe used in the beginning of a sentence, such as:
My wife is talking about it, and so am I
My wife has talked about it, and I have too
My roommate will not go, and Neither will I
My roommate does not go, and I do not either

 

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar